Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Guarnteeing Learning is Great Customer Service

Going through some old (and I mean OLD) files, I came across this Contract that was created while I was president at Rockland County Community College. It was resisted by some faculty but we finally gained enough acceptance to move it through to the Board which jumped on it and a community shellshocked after a $12.8 million state and federal financial aid allowance loved it. (No, I didn't create it. It was my job to resolve it, keep the college open and fiscally solvent. We did.)

The guarantee created confidence in our academic program and student focus.It was also the right thing to do. It also gained national recognition as a forward thinking approach to learning and jobs. Not sure what happened once I left in a protest over Board impropriety and ties to a politician who would soon go to jail after I left).

I still think it is a good, student-focused idea that could be adapted by any college and would go a long way to help the beleaguered (and in some cases appropriately challenged) career colleges. Would likely help end some of the talk about the gainful employment regulations.

 Let me know if you think it still has benefits.



No comments: